Trump Tours White House Ballroom Construction Site, Calls Project a “Gift” to the Nation
Trump described the ballroom as “the finest facility of its kind anywhere in the U.S.A.” and said construction is ahead of schedule and on budget.

WASHINGTON — President Donald Trump led reporters on a tour of the ongoing White House ballroom construction site on Tuesday, providing an update on progress and defending the privately funded project as a major upgrade for the executive mansion.
Trump described the ballroom as “the finest facility of its kind anywhere in the U.S.A.” and said construction is ahead of schedule and on budget. He noted that hundreds of millions of dollars have already been spent on extensive underground work, including reinforced security features and expanded facilities below ground.
The president highlighted renderings of the finished product, noting a Greek and Roman-inspired facade and a reinforced roof designed with modern security needs in mind. He emphasized that the project is entirely funded through private donations and his own resources, with no taxpayer dollars being used.
“This is a gift,” Trump told reporters. “We are making a gift of this ballroom. This is not going to be paid for by the taxpayer.”
Trump went into detail on the security upgrades, explaining that the new ballroom will feature blast-resistant walls and windows capable of withstanding significant explosive forces, advanced drone-detection and mitigation systems, and multiple reinforced underground levels for secure evacuation and command operations. He said the roof has been engineered with heavy structural reinforcement to handle both conventional and unconventional threats, and the entire structure will include state-of-the-art ballistic protection and redundant power and communications systems.
He explained that the new ballroom will significantly increase the White House’s capacity to host large state dinners and official events, eliminating the need for outdoor tents that have been used in the past. Trump also mentioned that the military requested doubling the size of the project for additional protective capabilities.
The East Wing was demolished last year to make way for the new structure. Trump has repeatedly pushed back against critics and legal challenges, arguing that presidents have long modernized the White House without excessive congressional interference, especially when private funds are involved.
The tour came amid ongoing debates over the project’s scale and approvals. Trump expressed confidence that the ballroom will be completed around September 2028 and serve as a lasting addition to the White House complex.
Join the Team
Are you trying to break into news writing but struggling to get published at major outlets? At RWT News, we're always looking for talented, motivated writers who share our commitment to straightforward, factual conservative journalism. If you believe in honest reporting and want real experience and bylines, we'd love to hear from you.
Visit our Join the Team page to learn more and contact us directly.
