US NewsWorld News

Gen. Keith Kellogg Urges Trump to Suspend Iran Negotiations and Increase Pressure

Kellogg, a former national security adviser, praised Trump’s handling of the conflict so far but argued the time has come for a more aggressive approach.

Tommy FlynnTommy Flynn
Gen. Keith Kellogg Urges Trump to Suspend Iran Negotiations and Increase Pressure

WASHINGTON — Retired Lt. Gen. Keith Kellogg told Newsmax on Monday that President Donald Trump should pause negotiations with Iran and apply maximum economic and military pressure to force the regime to its knees.

Kellogg, a former national security adviser, praised Trump’s handling of the conflict so far but argued the time has come for a more aggressive approach. He specifically recommended seizing or threatening strategic Iranian assets, including Kharg Island — Iran’s primary oil export terminal — to choke off the regime’s revenue.

“What I’m saying is I think we should break negotiations off,” Kellogg said. “We should finish the job.”

He emphasized that sustained pressure through the U.S. naval blockade, combined with targeted actions against Iran’s oil infrastructure and proxies, would be more effective than continued diplomacy at this stage. Kellogg noted that Trump has already demonstrated strength and resolve, which he believes has shifted the balance of power.

The general expressed skepticism about trusting Iranian commitments, stating the regime has a long history of using negotiations as a delaying tactic. He argued that only credible military and economic leverage will bring Tehran to a lasting agreement that includes verifiable nuclear limits and an end to regional destabilization.

Kellogg also highlighted the success of “Project Freedom,” Trump’s operation to escort commercial shipping through the Strait of Hormuz, calling it a “brilliant” move that has helped maintain pressure while protecting global energy flows.

His comments reflect a growing view among some Trump allies that the fragile ceasefire, while useful, should not become an excuse for prolonged talks without concrete Iranian concessions. The administration continues to enforce the naval blockade, which has drastically reduced Iran’s oil exports.

Kellogg’s interview comes as indirect talks facilitated by Pakistan remain active but have produced limited progress. Trump has repeatedly warned that further Iranian provocations will be met with overwhelming force.

Support Independent Conservative News

RWTNews is independent conservative news — no corporate backing, no agenda driven by advertisers. We rely entirely on readers like you to keep the lights on and the truth coming. If you've found value in what you read here, consider supporting us with a one-time or monthly contribution. Every dollar goes directly toward keeping this site running and growing.

$

Secured by Stripe. Your payment info is never stored on our servers.

You May Also Like